Avast has always been one of the most popular and widely trusted antivirus software brands. One can get it in both paid and free versions. The company, however, also comes with a proprietary browser known as Avast Secure Browser. This is where the trouble comes in. A lot of users have been reporting that the Avast browser on their PCs continuously opens on startup, which can be pretty annoying.
This problem has been so common that people have searched for ways to stop Avast browser from opening on startup several times.
How Does Avast Browser Get into a Computer?
Don’t be surprised to see Avast Browser installed on your device. It has been a part of the package installer for Avast antivirus software. Avast Browser is not dangerous, but it stays useless for many users. On top of that, there were also some controversies about the safety choices given by Avast Browser.
How to Disable Avast Browser from Opening on Startup?
You have a few choices on how to get rid of Avast Browser and its disturbance. Of course, uninstalling Avast Antivirus is the most effective way, but you may want to think about it again if you’re relying on the software for protection.
Disabling Avast Browser from the startup is one of your options. If this browser seems to be useful on your case, but you want to stop it from starting during boot, follow the steps outlined below to successfully disable Avast Browser:
- Press Win + X buttons or right-click the Start button. This will open the WinX menu.
- Choose Task Manager in the menu.
- From the Startup tab, look for those applications enabled during startup.
- Point your mouse pointer to Avast Browser, right-click, and hit “Disabled”.
It disables the browser from the startup. This way, your system won’t be strained at boot. If disabling Avast Browser appears to be inefficient, then you can try these fixes:
Fix #1 – Uninstalling Avast Browser
Though Avast pledges a variety of tools and features designed to increase and ensure security, Avast Browser still lacks the perks of a great web browser. Some chromium-based internet browsers seem to be better. Follow these steps to uninstall Avast Browser:
1) You have to first stop the Avast antivirus. Do this by right-clicking the notifications tray icon. After that, hover through Avast shields control and choose “disable until the computer is restarted”.
2) Right-click the Start button and open the WinX menu. On the top, look for “Apps & Features” and click it. You will also find it in the Control Panel section.
3) From a list of the applications you have installed on your computer, look for Avast Secure Browser and click it.
4) From clicking the browser, click “Uninstall”.
5) On-screen instructions will appear. Follow them carefully to uninstall Avast Browser.
6) Restart your computer
Note: In some cases, the folder named SZBrowser stays even after you uninstall Avast Browser. To get rid of it just in case it stays, reboot the computer in the Safe Mode by pressing the F8 key during boot and delete the said folder. Finally, reboot the computer to return to Normal mode.
Fix #2 – Deleting Avast Extensions
When you install Avast antivirus, it also installs extensions designed for web security when you surf the internet. If you need to get rid of these extensions from Chrome and other browsers, here’s how you can do it:
- Open the browser and hit the hamburger (≡) menu.
- Choose “More Tools” and click on “Extensions”.
- In a list of extensions installed on your computer, look for Avast extensions and hit the “remove extension” option to delete them.
- It will uninstall those extensions you chose to delete.
FAQs About Avast Secure Browser
• Is the Avast Secure Browser good?
Avast browser is a good browser. Although there are other better browsers worth checking out. Many of them have impressive features like the built-in VPN.
• Is the Avast Secure Browser Important?
As said before, Avast Browser is a good choice. However, it is not necessary. You can enjoy the same performance and results by using other browsers that have several extensions.
• How to uninstall Avast Browser?
You can uninstall Avast Browser just like other software programs straight from your Settings app.
Avast is no doubt one of the best brands of antivirus software programs you can have on your computer. It offers a myriad of great features, except for Avast Secure Browser. While it doesn’t pose any form of risk to your computer, learning how to stop Avast browser from opening on startup is a must. Hopefully, you find these tricks and tips helpful. Likewise, check out the video below to make things easier and hassle-free.