A Virtual Private Network or VPN is one of today’s in-demand tech-related tools. Its popularity increases around the globe as the crime rates increase, too, wherein most cases are now being done through social media and other platforms. Cybercrimes can be greatly lessened through the use of VPN, which more people are now discovering.
VPN lets you browse the internet or go online shopping without the danger of being caught while doing so by phishers and hackers. It automatically hides your identity as well as your IP address whenever and whichever website you visit. With such discreet entrance to a site, users are able to enter a restricted site despite possible hindrances like censorship, geo-blockers, and also copyright.
However hidden, using VPN does not permit anyone to do some unlawful acts just taking advantage of is the ability to conceal identity and to erase any possible traces upon exiting a website.
Legality and Accessibility of VPN
The use of VPN stays legal even when its users increase in number each day. It is a user’s sole responsibility and choice of whether to use a VPN or not including the choice of what kind of websites they will visit. VPN’s legality becomes at stake only when it is used as a tool in performing some unlawful activities mentioned earlier.
Vicious internet hackers and phishers can now do their crimes through mobile phones and PCs that are easier to do than before. Through VPN’s help, they are capable of getting into someone’s account without being noticed or caught. Eventually, the most common crimes they have done using this tool include creating and using false identities and accounts, using and spreading of sensitive files to children online, sending alarming emails, and the dissemination of some malicious installations and files.
Why use VPN
Although VPN is not all good, it still has great benefits that will delight everybody who uses it. Because safety, security, and privacy are all of high importance in your daily use of the internet, learning about VPN’s useful benefits can be helpful, too. Not one threat like what’s happening to some emails as well as that of cloud accounts being hacked easily these days may bother users who do not use VPN.
Other benefits that VPN can serve to its users include the following:
- Secured use of data despite being connected to a public internet provider
- Bypass censorship when connecting to the internet in a foreign place
- Avoid the restrictions according to geographic location
- Avoid public places such as offices and schools
- Safe downloading of movies, music, and other valuable files online
- Online gaming all safe and secured
- Communications with others are kept safe and confidential
- No tracks left on one’s online activities
What is the Best VPN for your PC
There are a lot of VPNs available online that one can download for free. Almost all of them are effective and safe to use but may not be compatible with some operating systems. On the list below, you may find the best that will work for you if you are using Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, FireTV, iOS, Chrome, Mozilla, and Opera. Find out more about their features to check if you use them.
Here are the top 10 best VPNs that are free to download.
- ExpressVPN – offering you the best in terms of speed and optimal results in streaming quality. Along with such qualities are the complete protection of users from hackers. It lets you enjoy P2P downloading and bypass the 2012 law on cybercrime. This VPN is available on any device mentioned above, allowing access to sports and television even when located outside of the country through its various servers.
- CyberGhost – allows you to use and connect using 5 different profiles and will be matched with only the most efficient servers. This VPN offers a great downloading experience and a smooth entry to Netflix so you can have uninterrupted streaming. There are over 3700 servers to serve you well worldwide for an excellent service to customers. This works best for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Chrome, Mozilla, and FireTV.
- Surfshark – a fresh new brand of VPN that has revolutionized the way discreet and safe browsing is done. Surf all you want and browse any website you desire without worrying about having your identity exposed without your permission. It is packed with all great features such as affordable price, effective security, as well as smooth streaming capabilities for MacOS, Linux, Android, Windows, and also iOS.
- NordVPN – in terms of confidentiality and complete access to all websites around the globe, this is considered as one of the best VPN ever. The encryption system that this VPN offers is much like that of military security that’s really hard to break. It automatically shuts down to avoid leak of information if VPN suddenly gets disconnected to its server. This is compatible to Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Chrome, Mozilla, and AndroidTV.
- private internetaccess – main servers are located in the United States which is supposed to be a prone area with strong restrictions and entry to most of the most visited websites for downloading and streaming. Browsing is kept anonymous with very strong encryption that will never let anyone see without your permission. Use this VPN for Opera, Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Chrome, and Mozilla.
- PrivateVPN – made and located in Sweden, this VPN has a lot of servers ready to accommodate as many users as possible. They have a high restriction for logs and privacy, which is why it was named as such. Its stable IP address allows for a perfectly smooth torrenting. Another great feature of this VPN is its setup that takes only 1 click. This VPN is perfect for Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, Opera, FireTV, and also Mozilla.
- ZenMate – worthy of being tried during its 30-day trial, with high-grade security and guaranteed non-stop speed and data for users to consume. Its servers are located in over 30 countries around the globe, which is promising for your security and privacy. They, too, have a strict no log rule.
- Hotspot Shield – with its over 3000 servers in different locations, this brand ensures you of 100% privacy and security. From its over 650 million local and international clients, its service is trusted and preferred in every aspect that a VPN is needed. Also, the devices that can successfully connect to this are those with Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Chrome.
- IPVANISH VPN – promising a 100% anonymous internet exploration experience with the help of its more than 1,300 servers scattered all over the world without logs in the traffic. It also delivers a speedy and stable connection that does not cause any leak of information. Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, and Chrome do well with this VPN brand.
- Norton LifeLock – provides users with a strong and smooth sailing connection to all websites, including those with high security. This VPN is also offering you with antivirus and other stuff for your total safety. It is said to be the best and most wanted VPN for every civilian to use anywhere and anytime. It is compatible with Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
Whatever device or gadget you use, no matter how expensive or cheap it is, once you connect to an internet connection, you become exposed to the sharks lurking online and waiting to phish over everything that you share to the web. VPNs can only be as good as its users. As long as you use them the right way, these VPNs will be just enough to keep the balance between security and safety while staying online.