In 2016, about 31.9% of computer users were harmed by the malware attacks. Different third-party companies created the best free virus scanners that offer complete protection against perpetrators and threats to deal with such strikes.
There is antivirus software to help you keep safe from online risks; however, looking for a great one is always tricky. Let’s check out what’s best for your needs.
Avast is a complete best free virus scanner that protects you from threats transpiring on the internet, email, P2P connections, local files, and more.
Avast is among the top antivirus software which offers reliable virus protection, known as resident security for free.
It is quick, light software and compatible for MAC, Windows, and Android devices.
- Easy installation
- On a-access security from viruses and many other online threats.
- Scans browser plugins to look for installs that have a weak character.
- ”Heuristics Engine lets you identify former anonymous viruses
- Consists of a ”silent mode” which prevents notifications from showing on the monitor or screen.
The full security against harmful URLs is only available in Firefox and Chrome. The password manager has restricted features and does not need a master password. Also, other bonus features are paid.
Avast offers numerous features for the complete security of your device. But there may be some ads, and you also need to sign up once a year.
2. Kapsersky Security Cloud
Kasperksy is another best free virus scanner with lots of offers to users. This does not download any extra software secretly, as Avast does.
However, Kaspersky will ask you to create an account during the installation. Make sure to untick the box about getting marketing updates, unless you want plenty of Kaspersky emails.
It supports different scanning options you expect from paid software, such as external device scans, and the capability to arrange scans. Also, part of Kaspersky’s free package is a password manager and the Secure Connection VPN with a 300MB data limit each day.
What’s lacking is the privacy-protection features for inhibiting illegal use of webcam, the Safe Money, the sandboxed browser for economical processes; PC Cleaner for deleting old files; and any extra tools network monitor or software updater.
Kaspersky provides reliable protection for free, as well as additional features.
McAfee is one of the most famous protection solution companies safeguarding clients and businesses.
The McAfee Security Scan Plus for consumers helps you monitor your PC for all kinds of viruses, online threats in your apps.
Avira has millions of users worldwide and is considered one of the most famous Antiviruses out there. It can be personalized based on your requirements. The simpleness of the interface is the reason why it interests many users.
Avira offers PC security against malware, viruses, spyware, adware, phishing, backdoor program, and more.
● Allows you to begin the antivirus system in that process
● Includes Heuristic features
Avira has a sluggish on-demand scan. Its browser security is only available for Firefox and Firefox. It owns an average anti phishing score. The real-time security failed some malware EXE,
Real-time protection missed some malware EXEs, determined some sound systems as viruses and malware.
Avira’s free helpful add-ons, complete protection, and quickest scan are some of the parameters that give it a competitive edge. The free Antivirus gets the highest ratings from the independent labs, but its antiphishing test is weak, and its browser security is only available with Firefox and Chrome.
The most impressive thing about Bitdefender is it doesn’t lag your PC because it’s light. It’s user-friendly dues to its simplicity.
● Email support
● It has no impact on its PC performance, and it can ultimately work in the background
● High security against online phishing
● On-access protection for threats like viruses and malware
● Impossible to begin a fast or arranged scan.
Bitdefender miss all the elements of the for-pay beyond the core antivirus security.
If you’re looking for an excellent antivirus tool with no fuss or personalization, Bitdefender is an excellent choice for you.
As another best free virus scanner that was created in 2001, Bitdefender offers complete security against viruses, web problems, and malware. These virus definitions are updated continuously in the back.
Introduced by AVG Technologies, AVG, which stands for Anti-Virus Guard, is a subordinate of Avast Software. This best free virus scanner can identify threats by pairing them with those in its system.
This is great in identifying malware, but it is a bit slower at running system scans.
● Professional User Interface
● Great malware blocking
● Inhibits vicious URLs
● Email support as well as Live chat
● Don’t track stops ads from tracking your location
● Game mode to avoid updates of scans and updates
AVG provides the same virus scanner security engine as Avast, but it lacks the remarkable group of bonus features that you can use with Avast. The AVG has a professional User Interface packed with top-quality backing as well as other standard features.
7. Sophos Home
This is another best free virus scanner introduced by the Sophos group and offers commercial-grade protection to home clients. It protects your MAC and PC from viruses, malware, as well as block sites that download malware in your device.
Sophos has an uninvited application detection feature that monitors apps that are trying to download themselves on your computer.
● Easy configuration of management dashboard
● Polished User Interface
● Able to check all the devices protected by the Antivirus.
● Compatible with Mac, Android, Windows as well as Linux
● Reliable remote tracking and management
● Instead of erasing the threats, viruses, or malware automatically, it employs its Virus alert feature, which shows a notification for the next step.
Sophos has a poor grade in the actual malware security test. Its lab test grades are not updated.
Sophos is ideal for home users because it is user-friendly with excellent features.
8. Comodo Antivirus
Comodo was introduced with an adage of “Creating trust online,” and has truly stood by its standards and offers its users strong security from malware. This virus scanner allows you to plan the scan, so you’re not bothered during work.
● The sandbox technology makes a virtual setting for the program, thus keeping your PC protected from Trojans and viruses.
● ‘Heuristics Engine’ lets you see formerly unknown viruses
● Real-time scanning
● Scan transferrable devices like USB drives, CDs, and DVDs as well as smartphones
● Smart detection of user’s surfing behavior remarkably decreases the number of alerts over time.
● It has isolation that saves possibly infected files in a folder that other programs can’t access.
If you need a feature-laden browser for home use, Comodo is perfect for you.
9. Panda Free Antivirus
This best free virus scanner is a subordinate of Panda technologies, and this is great as virus protection, antiphishing, malware detection, and more to protect your computers from various perpetrators.
Among the best features of the software is it accumulates threat detection methods from other users that have the program already downloaded, which allows the user protection from new and future threats.
● Automatic updates
● Among the lightest antivirus software available
● URL and web tracking
● Automatic USB security
● Great malware security
If your PC has a low space memory yet you don’t want to jeopardize your device safety, then choose Panda Free Antivirus.
Zone Alarm is essential for protecting your privacy and making sure you’re secured from viruses, spyware, malware, and many other online risks. You are protected from perpetrators and hackers and secured from unmatched online security to keep your identity and PC safe.
This software is another multipurpose tool to identify viruses, Trojans, spyware, and bars keyloggers.
● Has a Firewall
● Manage the web and network access to specific apps
● A virtual browser which encodes what you type in your browser and thus, blocking keyloggers from inducing harm
● Checks install from the directory of recognized threats as well as creates a heuristic check
● Free email support
Zone Alarm is one of the antivirus software that offers a free firewall.
Bonus: Malwarebytes Anti-malware
This is not a virus scanner. It doesn’t safeguard your computer from threats and infections. It removes all the malware that’s on your PC.
● Removes adware
● Has a quarantine to save possible threats
● Identifies and deletes all malware which is detected on your system
● The chameleon aspect masks Malwarebytes so the vicious programs cannot find it
● Scans for the rootkits which are unseen malware and much other disturbing software that digs deep into the windows and opens up every startup.
Malwarebytes isn’t created to be an all in one virus scanner for your computer. It assists your original antivirus system and aids in the finding of the newest and most harmful viruses and malware.
The above mentioned best free virus scanners, malware security software should support you in protecting your Windows, Android, and MAC devices.